How to Choose a Smartphone by Parameters?
Today, mobile phones are an integral part of everyday family or work. There are a huge number of brands or types of mobile phones on the market. Our article will help you decide how to choose a smartphone according to the parameters correctly, given a wide range of global giants.
How to choose a smartphone by parameters?
Selecting a phone according to the display is an important setting that will affect the display area in terms of display size and type.
- Up to 5″ – minimalist compact design, poorer display visibility
- 5.01″ – 5.79″ – compact size, ideal for small hands, easy one-handed operation
- 5.8″ – 6.49″ most commonly used phone sizes, easy operation
- 6.5 inches or more – less compact, more comfortable to use
A higher resolution display, the best display on the market, is divided into 2 categories:
- AMOLED – active matrix, crisp black display (higher contrast ratio), low battery consumption
- P-OLED – passive matrix, cheaper and simpler, small displays
Higher consumption, cheaper versions, and high image quality in three versions:
- Super LCD – bright color display, low power consumption, small distance between glass and display
- IPS – extended display, wide color gamut, excellent viewing angles
- TN – old technology in old phones, cheap, high brightness, poor viewing angles
The most common aspect ratios used on mobile screens are:
- 21:9 is an excellent aspect ratio for watching movies and multimedia entertainment
- 18:9 is the new aspect ratio used in most phones
- 19:9 – high aspect ratio, the higher the ratio, the longer the display
- 16:9 – the smaller the aspect ratio
- 4:3 is the aspect ratio of the most feature phone
The main types of permissions used in display panels are:
- HD – 1280 x 720 pixels
- Full HD – 1920 x 1080 pixels
- WQHD – 2560 x 1440 pixels
- 4K – 3840 x 2160 pixels
Helper functions that are most commonly used:
- 3D Touch – allows you to press harder on the screen to display the options for using the element
- Fingerprint reader – a security system and one of the reliable mobile security devices
- Infinity display – the display shape is solved by a new rounded design
- Edge display – the shape of the display is decided by the design due to the curves on the sides
Special attention to the processor
The model number is a very important piece of information that can be used to search for reviews and predict the performance of a mobile phone and then compare it to another processor or selected component. Just like the new Honor 70, you can check its processor specs and then compare it to the other phones. This helps to select the desired performance or to parameterize the phone as needed.
Depending on the type of work, the focus is very important due to the required functions of the phone related to work, entertainment, or multimedia activities. An undemanding user does not need a powerful smartphone, but he does take into account the design or features of the phone.
However, the demanding professional user requires all the powerful features with the ability to sync with other devices.
Why focus on performance selection?
The higher the frequency, the higher the performance of the processor. It is specified in GHz, and each processor has its own frequency by which it is defined.
Number of Cores
There is no need to rely on which cores to select the frequency since a new generation 4-core processor can be much more powerful than an old 8-core processor. This is done by model designation to compare processors in reviews.